Applications for postdoctoral research fellow positions are invited from candidates who have recently finished their doctoral dissertations and are motivated to pursue research aligned with the mandate of CBR. More advanced scholars will also be considered.
Interested candidates may send their curriculum vitae (with date of birth, nationality, qualifications, professional experience, positions held, list of publications, and other accomplishments) along with a research proposal and the names, addresses, telephone/fax numbers, and email addresses of 3 referees to email@example.com
For details of the research projects being carried out at CBR, visit the faculty profiles.
Open positions in Dr. Chinnakkaruppan Adaikkan’s lab:
We are looking for highly motivated technical and postdoctoral researchers. So, if you are passionate about neuroscience and neuro-engineering, motivated and curious, we encourage you to be part of our team.
Postdocs: Prospective postdocs are encouraged to send an email with a CV, a brief research statement, and career goals & expectations. Candidates with independent funding are highly encouraged to apply.
Currently, we have one open postdoctoral fellow position. The project’s primary focus is a mechanistic understanding of noninvasive brain stimulations in neurodegenerative diseases.
- Job Title: Postdoctoral Fellow
- Designs, directs and conducts specialized and advanced research experiments.
- Evaluates and analyzes data.
- Designs and executes logical follow-up experiments, executes them, analyzes and interprets the data, and demonstrates competency in troubleshooting.
- Ph.D in bioinformatics, computer science, electrical, and electronics will be considered. Candidates who expect to complete the Ph.D. soon may also apply.
- Computational skills such as Python, R, or MATLAB
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Should be highly independent, organized, focused and hardworking.
- Should be an enthusiastic team player.
- Experience and publications related to animal research
- High throughput sequencing and/or electrophysiology data analysis skill(s).
- The salary will be based on the qualifications and experience of the candidate. The contract duration will be 3 years, extendable up to 5 years depending on performance.
Application procedure and deadline
- Interested candidates should send their CV and a 500-word research statement and expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org (with ‘Application for Postdoctoral Fellow’ in the email subject line). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Open positions in Prof. Bratati Kahali’s lab:
A post-doctoral fellow position and a senior project associate position are available immediately in Prof. Bratati Kahali’s lab. Candidates with direct experience in statistical methodology and human genetic data analyses will be given preference.
Required qualifications for Post-doctoral candidate:
Ph.D. degree in computer science, bioinformatics/ computational biology, statistics or applied math, or a related field, or equivalent experience is essential. Candidates with strong coding skills related to analyses of large genomic data sets generated from next-generation sequencing will be preferred. Experience in handling tools related to genome-wide association studies, next-generation sequencing will be given preference.
Applicants should have publication in indexed journals, should be able to multi-task, prioritize efforts, collaboratively develop ideas in a fast-paced environment, and execute independently.
Required qualifications for Senior Project Associate:
Master’s degree in (bio)statistics/ computer science/ bioinformatics/ applied math or other recognized field of science directly related to the duties of this position. Minimum four years’ experience in a research position involving coding and/or data analysis is required (coding experience with Python, C, C++, Perl, R, or other programming languages).
Salary will be fixed based on qualifications and experience.