Centre for Brain Research Research & Innovation (CBRAIN) Internships
Be a part of the exciting research and innovation ecosystem at CBR!
The Centre for Brain Research (CBR) is an autonomous research centre hosted by the Indian Institute of Science campus, Bengaluru, and set up with a generous gift from the Pratiksha Trust founded by Mr. Kris Gopalakrishnan (one of the co-founders of Infosys Limited) and Mrs. Sudha Gopalakrishnan. CBR represents a unique initiative in the current research environment in India that will help in conducting cutting-edge research on the aging brain and age-associated brain disorders. The mandate of CBR is to carry out transformational research to understand the functioning of the aging brain in health and disease. CBR has initiated comprehensive, long-term longitudinal studies of cognition, genetics, and brain imaging in the elderly population. The uniqueness of the Indian population provides an ideal basis for carrying out such studies to identify potential protective factors and risk factors.
To know more about CBR, please look up https://www.cbr.iisc.ac.in/
CBR is pleased to launch CBRAIN internships, a summer internship program intended to enable the excitement and liveliness of the research and innovation ecosystem in CBR to be shared by bright, motivated, aspiring students. The internship will facilitate rigorous training and preparation for world-class, multidisciplinary research on normal and/or pathological brain aging. Internship opportunities would be available in diverse areas of aging brain research spanning cellular and molecular neuroscience, neurophysiology, genetics, computational genomics, artificial intelligence and machine learning, cognition, and clinical research.
- Aspiring interns should be in the pre-final or final year of their Master’s (M.Sc/ M.E/ M.Tech) or 4-year Bachelor’s degree course (B.E/ B.Tech) in India in any area of Life Sciences/Biotechnology or in streams (such as Computer Science, EECS, Data Science, Mathematics, and Statistics) that are relevant to the research projects at CBR.
- Applicants in the final year of MD/MS/MDS/MPH/MBBS are also encouraged to apply.
- The internship is meant for motivated applicants with a keen interest in aging brain research. The specific topics for the internship are listed here.
- The internship at CBR will be preferably for a period of 3 months (May to July 2023); requests for internships of shorter duration may not be accommodated. Based on the candidate’s interest and profile, engagements longer than 3 months will be considered.
- During the internship, each intern will work closely with a researcher at CBR. If chosen to contribute to collaborative projects, there would be an opportunity to work under the guidance of more than one researcher. The topics available for internships are provided in the online application form; applicants are expected to opt for a maximum of 3 topics from the menu.
- A consolidated stipend of INR 20,000 per month will be provided by CBR. Interns will have to take care of accommodation and travel arrangements on their own.
- During the program, interns will be required to adhere to CBR’s working hours and other applicable norms. They will have the opportunity to actively participate in CBR events such as journal clubs and research seminars.
- At the end of the program, the intern will be required to submit a detailed report summarising the training and accomplishments.
- Interested candidates should submit an online application form latest by 11:59 PM on 05 April 2023. Results will be announced tentatively in mid-April 2023.
- An important aspect of the application will be a writeup outlining the applicant’s motivation to apply to the program and describing how the internship will aid in progress towards their career goals.
- Shortlisted applicants will be requested to arrange for an official letter of recommendation.
- CBR’s decision on the applications will be final.
More information on CBR’s research projects and other initiatives is available at https://www.cbr.iisc.ac.in/. Queries, if any, may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.